Patty Travel to Pregnancy #1 (II)

PATTY TRAVEL TO PREGNANCY #1 (II)

I shall continue my experience with KKH. It was a nightmare.

I went down to their O&G department, waited for at least 3hrs for my turn to see the doctor. Same thing, i need to take blood test for them to monitor. Nurses there wasn't as gentle as those from Gleneagles. Doctor's there wasn't as gentle either.

I broke down during one of the blood test, cause it's very torturing. To the point that, when they inject the needle into my vein, and no blood came out. Places that had done blood test, all covered with blue-blacks.

After 4-5 days of torture, they confirmed that its a ectopic pregnancy. Ectopic pregnancy is a pregnancy complication in which the embryo is attached outside the uterus, not in the womb. 90% of ectopic pregnancy occurs in the Fallopian Tube which is also known as tubal pregnancies.


Signs and symptoms of Ectopic Pregnancy are bleeding and vaginal pain. 

Complications is rupture with internal bleeding which may lead to hypovolemic shock. Death from rupture is the leading cause of death in the first trimester of the pregnancy.

For your information: Those that have a Ectopic Pregnancy before, you are at a higher risk of having Ectopic for your next pregnancy. 

Due to tubal pregnancies, most of the time our Fallopian Tube will be damaged. And most of the cases if you have a tubal pregnancy that ruptured, the only way is to remove the damaged tube. 

Back to my story:

KKH based on my HCG values and confirmed that it's a Ectopic Pregnancy. However, vaginal ultrascan doesn't show that it's a Ectopic, because it's way to early for them to spot a sac. 

Most importantly, KKH did not want to dismiss me. Unless i sign a declaration form that i am aware of my own conditions and willing to take the risk etc to be "discharge". 

So i went for another opinion... remember Dr Lai Fon Min that i was being referred to by the first gynae... 

I went to him... 

Comments

Popular Posts